About Us Gujarateducation.in
We Are Provide Gujarat Education Updates ,
Do give us feedback at MY official Email.- Gujarateducation.in
To work for us write to MY official Email.
For advertising please contact MY official Email.
Gujarat Education Introduction:
On formation of Gujarat state on 1st may, 1960, a department named Education and labour department came into existence. Social welfare, labour, prohibition, excise and employment were included in Education department. Latter subjects were gradually taken away from education and Labour Department on administrative grounds. Since August, 1976 Education department came into existence as separate secretariat department, which looks after education including primary education, continuous education, literacy education, secondary education, higher education, technical education, pharmacy education.
Activities our Website:
1) Technical, European and Anglo-Indian education, agricultural education in primary and secondary schools (This does not include agricultural education entrusted to Agriculture and Rural Development department), and pharmacy education.
2) Educational Related Materials Provide
3) Books and periodicals
4) Scientific institutions and universities
5) Competitions in acting and dramatics in schools and colleges.
6) Scheme to impart training in dramatics to the teachers of primary schools.
7) (A) Appointments, postings, transfers, promotions of all Gazetted officers and non-gazetted govt. employees under the administrative control of the department. All matters concerning discipline, the sanction of leave, pension, etc.
(B) All matters concerning pension, the sanction of leave to class-1 and class-2 officers of sachivalay cadre under the administrative control of the department.
8) Mid-day meal scheme.
9) Works, lands, and buildings vested into the state, under its possession and entrusted to the education department for purposes of the state.
10) Enquiry and statistics for any of the purposes in the schedule.
Policy Structure :
1) Continuous education and literacy are important programmes.
2) Universalisation of primary education for children in age group 6 to 14.
3) Restriction on expansion of secondary and higher education and occupationalisation of secondary education and improvement of secondary and higher education.
4) Concentration of plan and non-plan provisions and best use of investments made in education sector and the purpose of development.
5) Improvement in quality of implementation.
In view of wide objectives, education department forms policies on education, supervises implementation and issues orders in the form of guide lines and orders. Thus, the Department looks after all matters concerning education. Subjects entrusted to the department under rules of business are mentioned in Appendix A. There are two secretaries as heads of Education Department, in which one is Principal Secretary (Education) and another is Secretary (Primary Education). There are seven Dy. Secretary and 8 under-secretary. There are various branches dealing in various subjects. There are 18 section officer (Gazetted class 2). They are heads of the branches. There are 8 Heads of Departments and one statutory board under administrative control of education department. The following Heads of Departments work under the administrative control of the Education Department: