Vidhva Sahay Yojana: As we all know, that the widows of our country are often termed as the people who are not able to provide for their families. So today in this article, we will share with you the important aspects of the Gujarat vidhva Sahay Yojana that was launched in the year 2020. In this article today, we will share with the readers the important factors of the scheme such as eligibility criteria, documents required, the application process, registration process, selection process and all of the other important step by step guide which is essential in order to enroll yourself under the scheme.
Vidhva Sahay Yojana Gujarat 2023: Registration, Form and Document
The Indian Government has come up with its various schemes for women, specially focusing on their empowerment. The Women & Child Development Department of Gujarat implemented a social security scheme for widowed and destitute women with children living in the state. The main objective of the scheme is to not only support their economic condition but also empower such women by financially assisting them. In this article, we look about the scheme in detail.
Benefits under Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana
- This initiative of Gujarat to make women self-reliant has the following benefits.
- Under Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana, a margin money of Rs. 3000/- is given to help them to be independent and empower living.
- The applicant is offered a monetary assistance of Rs.500 through post office every month.
- In addition, Rs.80 (per child) is provided for two children of the applicant through post office every month.
- To benefit under this scheme, the applicant should satisfy the following conditions.
- The applicant should be a resident of Gujarat.
- The age of the applicant should be between 18 and 60 to take advantage of this scheme.
- The women applying should be a widow and a destitute.
- The applicant should belong to the economically weaker section.
- The applicant who has remarried is not eligible to avail this scheme.
- Assistance is provided only for two children for an application
- The following documents are to be attached along with the application form.
- Identity proof (Aadhar card, ration card)
- Residence Proof (Domicile certificate of Gujarat)
- Proof of age (Birth certificate, SSLC mark sheet)
- BPL Certificate (if available)
- Widow certificate / death certificate of husband (if available)
- Report signed by Patwari or Municipal Councilor
- Passport size photograph
- Application Procedure
The application Form can also Here: Click Here
The eligible applicant can apply to this scheme by approaching the Anganwadi Worker or CDPO at the Block or District Welfare Office. The application form of Vidhva Sahay and Talim Yojana should be collected and duly filled by the applicant. Once completed, the prescribed documents must be attached along with form and submitted to the concerned authority of the District Welfare Office.
Gujarat vidhva Sahay Yojana New Updates
- The name of Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana has been changed to Ganga Swaroop Yojana.
- Under this scheme, the beneficiary women will get Rs 1250 per month as a pension.
- This pension amount will be directly deposited into the bank account of the beneficiary.
- Under this scheme around 3.70 lakh, widows will get benefits in 33 districts of the state.
- This pension amount will be deposited in the first week of every month.
- The chief minister of Gujarat has also started the National social assistance program portal in order to facilitate direct bank transfer of pensions into the beneficiary account.
- The government of Gujarat has also doubled the annual income eligibility criteria in both rural and urban areas.
- For rural areas now the annual income eligibility criteria are Rs 120000 and in urban areas, it is Rs 150000.
- Now the number of beneficiaries have also been increased from 1.64 lacs to 3.70 lacs
Objective of Gujarat Vidhva Sahay Yojana
The main objective of the government behind this scheme is to help the widow women who need help financially to live after the death of husband. To boost up their confidence and help to live better life.